Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Changes are coming for the boy....

Well, not sure how Diesel is going to cope in the next few weeks. Diesel has grazed with Chevy basically since he was born. They have the same sire and are VERY close. If Chevy goes somewhere Diesel has to go aswell.

Well, Chevy's mum has brought a new property in Wainui and it has a lovely 6 acres so Chevy will be leaving here to go and live there. In one way I think it will be really good for Diesel and Chevy to be split up (just to try and break that bond a little bit and make them a bit less reliant on each other). But in another way I know that Diesel is really going to miss him alot.

This meant that Diesel was going to be on his own which I was not that keen on so I am going to be leasing a friends beautiful Clyde x mare for a while (she is on the market so I will keep her ticking over until she sells - unless her owner changes her mind and decides to keep her which would not surprise me atall).

So we have some quite big changes for my boy. I am quite interested in seeing how he copes with all this, how he changes (or doesnt) in himself, how he relates to me etc etc. I wonder if it will make him grow up alot quicker without the 'safety blanket' of Chevy always being there........

I am going to really miss having Chevy here as he is such a beautiful character and apart from the off bit of cheek has been an absolute pleasure to have here.

The weather has finally started to pick up so as well as riding Autumn I will also be doing some ground work with Diesel and get him doing a bit more than being a lawn mower......

No comments:

Post a Comment