Saturday, January 9, 2010

DIESEL TURNS 3 YEARS OLD!!!!

Oh my God, I cant believe he is 3 already. The time since I got him at 7 months old has just flown by. I have watched a small, black, fluffy foal change to a beautiful solid, tall, well grown and proud 3 year old.

As it is Diesels birthday today I got him out of the paddock (first time in some time) and gave him a makeover. The long, ratty looking mane has gone and in its place a nice, tidy and short mane fitting for a young man.

The tail that was nearly on the ground has been brushed, de-knotted and had a very decent cut.

The lovely black coat is shining and he actually looks like a 'proper horse' now.

Once the kids go back to school the work will begin with Diesel. My plan is to start free-lunging him, get him moving around and listening and show him the beginning of his working life. Once all this is well established I will look into getting him mouthed (I dont know how to do this so will get someone in to help me)and then long-reining and eventually be backed.

I have never yet had a day I regretted buying Diesel. He is a wonderful boy and I feel that I have done a relatively good job in bringing up my first foal :o)







1 comment:

  1. He is looking great Kerry. I don't think you will ever have to worry about keeping condition on him, hehe. If he were a person, he would call Robbie, 'Uncle Rob' and Megan, 'Cousin Meg' :o)

    ReplyDelete