Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Voicing my doubts.....

You know, sometimes I wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew having a young horse. Sometimes ideas and reality are so different that it is frightening!

I absolutely ADORE Diesel, he has been such a wonderful animal to bring on and watch as he has grown up. I feel that I have done a relatively good job with him in is younger years and that I shouldnt complain....

I have not done much with him atall over the last 6 months as I just thought... he is growing and I dont want to do too much with his growing bones, its not hurting him as he has been great to handle so far etc etc etc

So, what has got me thinking a few negative thoughts of my ability???

I had Chelsea come out today to do Diesels feet.....and he was just appauling (and embarrasing). Spooking, pulling, yanking his feet out of Chelseas hands, walking over me and just being a total arse. It was like having a different horse, one that looked like Diesel but acted like a pig! I must say though I am really sick with the flu and have no strength atall at the moment but I am not making any excuses up for him.....he was a shit!

I didnt feel unsafe or anything with him but it got me wondering if I am cut out for bringing on a young horse atall (I guess its kind of like the blind leading the blind lol). I sometimes feel that he would be better off being with an owner that has done this before and will do it right the first time. I know that if I do something wrong we can work through it but I DONT WANT to stuff HIM up for his future.

I dont know, I hope that one day down the track I can look at this post and realise that I had nothing to worry about as it all worked out perfect for me and him, but at the moment I am just doubting myself!

I love him to bits and the idea of ever selling him is very upsetting, but I am realistic and know that if this time next year I feel the same I may have to look into that reality a bit closer :o(

1 comment:

  1. Ummm what a load of arse! You are doing a great job with him. Cobs is a fecker for the farrier 8 times out of 10 and I don't care!!! Now go to Aussie & come back with a better attitude please :)

    ReplyDelete