Well, today was the day that I finally made Diesel do some work.
Dragged him out of the paddock, gave him a good brush, picked out feet and then put a lunge line on him and took him into the paddock.
To start with we were doing approx 40 metre circles on the lunge line (I made sure I walked a big circle in the middle so that it extended the size of his circle). He was reasonably good, had no idea what I was asking of him but we managed.
Then Chevy started being a doofus in the next paddock and Diesel decided that he didnt want to do any more so started snorting, and trying to stop etc.
In the end, and as I wasnt ready for him to finish, I took the lunge line off him and let him go around the outer edge of the paddock. I used my voice alot and in the end he was listening reasonably well (As well as I expected for his first time of doing any real work).
We only worked for about 15 minutes (which I thought was enough as the ground is really hard and I dont want to break him before we even start) but even so he actually sweated......
For our first day actually working I was rather pleased.....I am going to try again in 2 days time and see how we go but for today - it was enjoyable and I think he enjoyed it too :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment