Monday, June 21, 2010

I SAT ON DIESEL......I REALLY TRULY DID!!!

Today was a totally fabulous day.....got Diesel out for a brush and we were just chilling with Helena and Leah and the boys. Well, Leah took her saddle off her horse and took it over to Diesels stall and just plonked it on his back. He has had one on a few times before so it was no surprise he wasnt bothered by it atall.

She was slapping it and moving it over his back and still he stood there...

My hubby Laurie comes out to see what we are up to....

Helena pushes Diesel over to the side rail and my darling hubby starts putting weight on the saddle (from the other side of the rail). PS Hubby is not 'horsey' atall so was quite surprised.

Then Diesel came over to my rail and I started leaning over the saddle until my whole weight was on him and none on the rail.

I thought that was enough so kinda backed off. Next thing Helena was putting her weight on the saddle, then just lifted her leg over and was sitting IN the saddle on Diesel....for the first time ever SOMEONE WAS SITTING ON DIESELS BACK!!!.

Well, I couldnt let Helena have all the fun so it was my turn. And I did it, I sat on my beautiful black boy for the first time......a very surreal moment for me!

Diesel could not have given a crap about any of it. He didnt do anything wrong atall, in fact he was such a good boy I even lead him around the stall with Helena on board and he was PERFECT.

All I can say is I am ABSOLUTELY STOKED with my young man. He is now 3 years and 5 months and hopefully this is the beginning of his breaking in process....and with the help of some lovely friends I am sure that we can do this ourselves.

Some pics as proof :o) ha ha




No comments:

Post a Comment