Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another appauling Farrier visit....

Well, I havnt updated this blog as I have done nothing with Diesel - apart from drag him out the paddock once every 10 or so days. I have HEAPS of personal things going on (involving my parents marriage) so I am not in a good place emotionally at the moment! I dont want to pass on my personal anger to Diesel so it is best that I keep a distance from him until I am in a better frame of mind and body.

But, he still has needs and one was that he needed his feet doing so booked poor old Chelsea out to do them yesterday.

Diesel was great to catch, lead to the stalls and brush (although he was a bit fidgety). So I thought all good.....

Well he was a little shite for Chelsea again, wouldnt hold his feet up, moving around alot, trying to nip me while she was working, just being a big pain up my arse!!!! In the end Chelsea took the lead off me while I cooled off and handled him herself. After a bit of 'groundwork' with her he was better but it was still darn-right embarrasing.

I dont blame him totally as I have not had the inclination to get him out of the paddock for quite some time but even so, he knows what Chelsea is there for and he knows how he needs to behave when his feet are being done...so once again I apologised many times to her and promised he would be better next time.

So, what is the problem? I think alot of it is he is bored. He just eats and sleeps all day and I cant even remember the last time he was off the property. I am a bad mother!!!!! I cant work him here at the moment as the paddocks are too wet and muddy....and I cant take him out anywhere as I dont have a float at the moment! I could borrow my mates one but I just cant be bothered....so because of my personal issues going on in my life I am making Diesel worse.

Not sure what I am going to do just yet but I have realised that I need to make some decisions......and soon.

Anyway, here are a couple of pic taken yesterday (14th September) of the boy with his grumpy face on.....at least he has come through winter with a 'good covering'.





No comments:

Post a Comment