Well, today I had such a lovely time with Diesel. Me and Leah, a good friend of mine, built a new round pen in the paddock. Its a great size, which is good as Diesel has really grown substancially over the last 12 months!!!!
So, got Diesel out of the paddock, put his bridle on and took him over. He didnt even have a gawk at the new roundpen, just happily followed me in there. I put the gate up, sorted the lungeline out and asked Diesel to go out on a circle.
We started on the right rein and he was just excellent. Really listened to my voice and commands and as long as I was behind his shoulder he was fine. Did some really nice walk and trot work.
Put him of the left rein and in the beginning he was a bit worried about going to the edge of the ring but got the hang of it really quickly and away we went.
Only did about 15 minutes as someone turned up to fix my over so had to quickly put him back in the paddock but I was super stoked in how well he worked and behaved today. The last few times I have attempted to lunge him he just either didnt understand what I was asking or was just having me on but it wasnt an enjoyable experience, unlike today where he was really easy to work and seemed to enjoy what we were doing.
I will be doing this again tomorrow but I am started to get a little excited (although still apprehensive slightly) about this whole breaking in process.
A GOOD DAY!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment