Got there and he was tied up in the yards with about 8 other horses. He looked quite chilled out (was atanding next to his new girlfriend, Aubergine), looking around and taking all the sights in. There were horses, people, quads, and the farrier all there so it was quite a different environment for him to be in....and he was not that perturbed!!!!
After giving him a big hug and a cuddle he was tacked up and walked to the arena where they started by giving him a quick lunge (only for about 3 minutes).
He was so settled, and working so easily, that they decided that it was time for one to hop on him. He just stood there while the rider just had a lay over the saddle. Then she slid off and Alice gave her a quick leg up and she was on him.
The rode him for about 15 minutes, just walking around on the lunge, in both directions (Alice said he definitely favours one side aswell, which is what I have foung when I have been lunging him). Then towards the end of the session they also had a little trot on him aswell.
All I can say is that he looked superb. His attitude was fantastic, there was no trouble atall, he was very happy working away and learning new things. I swear I could almost hear his brain ticking away as he worked him way through things.....lol
Alice said that he had a lovely soft mouth and was very receptive to all that was being asked of him. I am absolutely over the moon with the whole thing. Seeing him being ridden was unreal. I am really pleased so far with my choice of sending him to Weiti Station. I like the fact the yard is so busy. They are not working the arse off him, when he has learned what he needs to in that session they finish. Very very pleased.
Here are a few photos of his first ride......










No comments:
Post a Comment