So Diesel has been ridden a couple of times in the last week. On Tuesday me and Leah decided to go for a quick road ride but I was not keen on doing this with Diesel so she hopped on him and took him and I rode Chevy.
Well, Diesel was better behaved than his brother, the flies were really annoying Chev and he was a totaly grump arse....and Diesel, well he was as happy as Larry, wandering up the road like he had been doing it all his life! Had a couple of gawks at little stuff but for the majority of the ride was bloody perfect. Was stoked.
Yesterday, I was in a pretty foul mood. Nothing could have made me happier than seeing Diesel so thought why the hell not? Got him out the paddock, brushed him, tacked him up and took him into the arena area. My Mother was home next door so told her where I was going and could she just check evey now and then that I was okay.
Diesel was just super super super!!!! I did lunge him for 15 minutes first as I was feeling like a bit of a Nanna and couldnt just get straight on, but that is okay. He was doing some really beautiful work on the lunge, one ear constantly on me really listening, doing all that I asked and looking stunning to boot.
And then something just clicked in me and I realised I just had to do this 'first solo ride', if I come off I come off, if I stay on fantastic but it had be to done. I will admit to being a little nervous when I was mounting but once on I felt GREAT!!!
We walked around, and I did a fair amount of work getting him to steer and move off from my leg. Then decided 'bugger it' and pushed him into a trot and we were away laughing!!! It was a wonderful feeling, trotting around and feeling safe and knowing that I was on my Smeezie and that we were going to be okay. A very enlightening moment and I shall remember it for a long time.
I luff my pony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment