Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nothing new......

Thought I would quickly update with.......no news!

I just havn't had the time to ride Diesel so as the kids are now on 2 weeks of school holidays I have decided to turn him out for this time and then will bring him back in and am going to ride him twice a week over winter. I think that will be enough to keep him ticking over until Spring when we will really get stuck into doing some proper work.

On other news, my friend Leah finally had her foot amputated last Monday. Her horse died on the hunt field 6 years ago when she was riding him. When he went down he trapped her leg between his shoulder and barrel and smashed her ankle. After numerous operations it just would not recover so after much deliberation, operations and mind-searching it was cut off. She is doing amazing, a total inspiration to me. She is a true trooper and is already excited about riding again. I have been visiting her as much as possible in hospital and she is in really good spirits.

So that is my quick update. Hopefully once Diesel is ridden again I will get some new photo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment