Monday, June 6, 2011

Auntie Anna came to visit....

So, I was talking to Anna about what happened with Diesel and the float and she very very kindly offered to come out and see us. She thinks that it was not a floating thing, but a leading thing with him and that maybe he was just not wanting to do what I wanted him to do and thats why he packed a shit!!!

I have taken out the partition in the float (the one side always seemed a little bit small and skinny for a relatively big clyde x) and I have also put a chain at the back, covered in hose pipe and with a clip at one end and a shackle at the other.

Firstly Anna did some ground work with him. He was pretty arrogant to start with, head in the air, pulling and being a pain in the ass! After a wee bit Anna had him nice and supple, moving where she tells him to and being a willing boy. It was so nice to see the difference and actually getting some great advise, instead of always trying to muddle through it myself.

The float was already hitched onto my car so we then did some float training with him. He was really good, went on the float with a bit of coaching from Anna and at the end he was going on fine. He was still a little bit apprehensive when on there but I am sure that with a more outings that will go.

It has certainly made me realise that I have been far too soft on Diesel, I think I have been so worried about making him jump, or spook, that I have been pussy-footing around him....and this has probably been for the last 18 months! So, now is the time for me to step up and be his leader 100% .....and its a commitment I am ready for!

Bring on Thursday when we WILL get to the roundpen....and we will have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment