Saturday, June 25, 2011

This bloody weather......

So, for the last 3 weeks it had done nothing but rain, rain and rain! The paddocks are getting really really waterlogged, the mud is still not that bad as alot of the water is running off into the stream at the bottom of the paddocks before it can seep into the ground.

As it has been so revoltingly wet and cold I have not done much with the boy atall. He doesnt seem to have missed me that much, is as happy as Larry wallowing around out there and just eating and sleeping.

The 'taking him to the roundpen every Thursday' has still not happened as it has either been raining (funny that!!!) or me or Catherine have had something on....we have promised eachother that this Thursday is THE DAY (unless its raining of course)....

Yesterday I did get Diesel out for a nice brush though. He was really lovely, in a wonderful mood, very smoochy, not fidgity and just seemed to enjoy the attention.

I took him to the end of the cul-de-sac and just did a little bit of in-hand exercises between showers and he was very responsive and light to the touch....just had a really really lovely time with him.

Here are a few pics as its been a while since I took any and there have been none to show his clip.....





No comments:

Post a Comment