Friday, December 9, 2011

Quick update......

Diesel is being an absolute star.

Alyssa is the perfect rider for my young man. She has a lovely gentle way about her and he really responds well to the way she works him. She doesnt have really short reins and jam him up, she lets him relax into himself and he is really driving through from his hind quarters. They are doing some lovely lovely work in the paddock and I just know it was the right thing to do getting her to ride him.

In fact it is going so well that Diesel and Alyssa went to their first show the other week. It was only the Silverdale Funday but it was a great start.

Diesel got off the float, had a little wander around and was then saddled up and away they went. He did all the flat classes in the morning and got 2 ribbons and a bag of carrots. In the afternoon was the jumping (which they have not done any together before) and he refused a couple of times and instead of pushing and pushing Alyssa retired out of the ring, but took him over to the practise jump to get him over just one and then we left him at the float for 30 minutes to just chill out before taking him home. I was so pleased with his behaviour, he was a total star in my eyes and I look forward to the day it is me doing it with him, but in the meantime Alyssa is absolutely PERFECT for him.

As for Leah and the jumping, Diesel had one lesson and did really really well. It ended up that Leah is aspiring to the Special Olympics and was looking at Diesel as a potential back up horse, but after looking into it more I decided that I dont really want Diesel going overseas and that with me owning him it was just going to get too tricky so pulled the plug on it.

Anyway, better go but will upload some new photos of the boy at his first show, and jumping lesson over the next week when I get some more time.

I AM SO GLAD THAT I HAVNT SOLD MY MAN!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment