Diesel now has not one, but two lovely riders. I was put onto a lovely lady called Alyssa who was looking for a horse to ride. She came and tried him the other week and they seemed to get on well so she has taken over that side of it. She rides him very nicely, has a nice and relaxed way about her and he is really starting to do some lovely flatwork. His transitions are coming along well too so I am uber pleased with what she has done with him so far.
The other rider for him is my dear friend Leah. Leah called me and asked me if she could teach Diesel how to jump......so of course I said a big YES to that.
He had his first jump lesson this week and he was an absolute star. It was his first time in an arena with jumps everywhere and he was so good. We floated him all the way over to South Auckland with Chevy and he unloaded, had a good look around and was genuinly interested in being somewhere new without being an idiot.
He was ridden by Leah first and he went in, had a couple of spooks and that was about it. He was first put through trotting pole set-ups to get him straight and then went onto little x-poles. He jumped about 60cms and seemed to really enjoy himself. I was watching my young man with awe as he just looked superb.
He is going to be a busy little man this summer so I am taking a backwards swep and letting Alyssa and Leah do their thing with him.....
I am SO SO SO glad I didnt sell him, and with this mileage one day me and him are going to be AWESOME!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment