Monday, July 11, 2011

Latest update.....

Soooooo, I have decided that I am definitely not a motivated person during the winter months, just want to sit of my ass and watch the time go by!!!! Its not the cold that I mind, just the miserable wet rain that just keeps relentlessly coming and coming, am over it!

Poor old Diesel is getting hardly any attention atall, he is lucky if he gets out of the paddock once a week for a feed and brush, that is how unmotivated I am, although I am sure that he doesnt mind one bit.

Today I had the farrier out and it was blowing an absolute gale.....the wind was so cold my face was hurting and thank god I had a beanie on as I think my ears would have been blown clean off my head otherwise!

I thought that given the lack of handling, combined with the blardy awful weather, that Diesel would have been an absolute toad....how wrong I was. I think he was just so darn happy to see me and know he was going to get some attention that he would have done anything for me. His behaviour was impeccable, a true gentleman in all ways and I am stoked with him. Had lovely cuddles and just a in general a nice chill out together.

Now for my big news, well for me anyway, on 01 - 03 October I have booked me and Diesel if to attend a Steve Brady Clinic held near Woodhill Sands. Anna has told me heaps about them and that she really thinks that we will benefit from attending so instead of me doing the usual 'yeah yeah, will look into it' I have gone 'Yep, lets do this!'. Have put deposit down to hold my spot and am a little excited about doing this. I just feel that if me and Diesel keep going the way we are that I will never really get back into the sport and will end up selling him so this is my way of saying, 'lets move forward and start an enjoyable time together'......

No comments:

Post a Comment