So, after all this too-ing and fro-ing I have come to the conclusion that I just CANT sell my boy. I have been doing more with him over the last week or so and have had a blast with him. I think he is just really bored. Soooooooo.......
I am going to either keep him here and just find someone who wants to ride and look after a young horse or will find someone to lease him for a year and go from there.
I just think that once I get my confidence back, and Diesel gets a bit more mileage we will be perfect for one another....and I dont want to give up after 4 years!
I am sure there is someone out there that will be willing to put the time and mileage into him, he is a nice horse and I would love to be able to offer the oportunity to someone who would otherwise not be able to afford a horse like him....
But the person is going to have to be perfect lol...now just need to put my feelers out to find them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a great idea Kezza. There is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your hand up and asking for help. In fact, I've done just this with my 4yo who I bred. He's been to bootcamp with Jody Hartstone for a week and its just helped sort out a few things I was struggling with.
ReplyDeleteI am also not the most confident rider, but I really like Mack and have decided that he is pretty much my perfect horse, so I will persevere through the baby stuff and get help when required :o)
Thanks, Its nice to hear from someone who is going through the same thing :o) Its so bloody hard when we have had them so long eh? But at least owning my own property means I dont have to pay for grazing so it makes it that much easier to keep him around....although my hubby is not chuffed, think he thought the money from selling Diesel would go towards upgrading his Harley lol
ReplyDeleteI did all the above with Summer. Even advertised her on TM. But when people actually wanted to come and view her, I couldn't do it/
ReplyDeleteSo I got some help with the things that I was struggling with and it made all the difference.
Confidence is such a huge part of riding, and when you get yours back fully again, I am sure you will enjoy the pony you love so much.