Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I RODE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Diesels cough finally went, as well as the snotty green slime up his snout! Then he got a sore foot so was slightly lame so he has still not been returned to Weiti Station yet....am hoping Alice can have him back next week if possible.

Anyway, Leah brought Chevy back here to stay today and we decided that it was time we went for a walk around the paddock on the boys....yep, thats right, both of them!!!!

So tacked Diesel up, took him into the paddock and he just stood there like a statue while I got on. Quick check of my stirrups etc and away we went. Just walked around, followed Chevy for the first 10 minutes to make sure he was okay and then we kind of went further and further away and just plodded around.

Diesel has the most exquisite mouth, so soft and supple, with the slightest pressure he turns and moves where you want him (well 80% of the time anyway).

We went into the bottom paddock and over the wee wooden bridge and he was fine, no freaking or shying....turned around and came back over and there was Vida, the wee filly, having a blat around, bucking and farting and carrying on. I thought Diesel was gonna freak so got myself ready but he just had a gawk for literally a second and then just walked on past. I was so so pleased with him.

The other thing I really noticed were his ears....they are HUGE, and really floppy and when he is walking his ears are flopping to and fro all the time, really quite cute!

So, my opinion on our ride is BRING ON MORE. I LOVED IT. He was just beautiful to ride and handle today and cant wait until the next ride (which will hopefully be Monday). I LUFF MY PONEEEEEEEE :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment