So Diesel is still sore in his front right foot, cant really feel much heat in there atall but the other day his feet just seemed to disintegrate.....I think it is the hard ground and they are really dry but overnight his feet cracked, splayed out and just looked bloody awful.
I text Chelsea (my farrier) to see when she could do them but it was going to be a week and there was no way his feet were going to cope with that (chunks were already breaking off due to the length and flares)so in the end Leah was coming up and she trimmed him. I got her to take as much flare off as possible as his back left foot (which is his white hoof) has split right up to the coronet band again which I am pretty gutted about.
So, he has had a good trim and is walking alot better but I do think he has an abcess brewing (just from watching him I can tell he is going to get worse due to being such a sook) so he has a week to sort himself out as he is going back to Weiti Station on Monday 22nd February to finish being broken in.
Oh, and on a good note I have not had a cigarette for 7 days....YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment