Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soooo.

Whatever Diesel had turned into a nasty infection, the green slime coming out of his nose was foul. Went to the vets and he is now on Trizine Plus. Two scoops in his feed morning and night.

Today is day 3 of being on it and he is definitly improving. His cough has definitely lessened (although is still there) but his nostrils have dried up heaps, still moist but the fluid is now clear instead of green.

Poor old Smeezie, everytime he sees me he whinnies (although that could be the fact that he thinks its feed time lol). Always got his head poking over the fence into my back garden, nosey little toad!

Chevy has gone back to Leah's for a bit which I think is the right move at the moment as I would hate for Chevy's cough to turn into what Diesel has had. I want Diesel to get better so he can go back to Weiti to finish being broken in and we can get on with riding and having some fun. I feel if Chevy was still here they would just keep passing whatever it is back to eachother which will really prolong the recovery.....so Diesel is in a paddock by himself but can still see the other two horses that graze here.

No comments:

Post a Comment